September 20, 2014
The Canadian Sport Institute Pacific (CSI Pacific) is pleased to confirm that the date for the
next PODIUM SEARCH™ event is September 20, 2014 in Whistler, B.C.
PODIUM SEARCH™ is a free one-day athlete identification camp designed to test athletes’
capacity for sport performance at its highest level. Each PODIUM SEARCH™ participant will go
through a set of basic physiological and anthropometric tests, plus one or two sport-specific
tests, administered by CSI Pacific staff to find out how they measure up to National Team
standards. All participants will receive their results within 10 days of the camp. On-line
registration for the event is now available here.
CSI Pacific invites a member of your HP sport leadership team (HP coach, and/or High
Performance staff member) to join our CSI Pacific staff to observe, and/or participate with the
testing with the intent of identifying future High Performance athletes for your sport.
• September 20, 2014
• Whistler Athlete Centre - 1090 Legacy Way, Whistler, BC V0N1B1
• 10:30am – 3:30pm
• We anticipate that the top prospects from this camp will be acrobatic snow sport
athletes, or sliding sport (Luge, Bobsleigh, Skeleton) athletes.
To participate in PODIUM SEARCH™ athletes must be:
• 14-22 years of age
• Competing in ANY sport at a minimum of club/regional level
• Fit, powerful, and strong
• Mentally tough, competitive, and highly motivated
• Ready to accept the challenge of becoming part of Canada’s sporting elite
All PODIUM SEARCH events include the following basic physiological tests:
2. Vertical Jump and/or Standing Long Jump
3. 30 Metre Sprint
4. Overhead Medicine Ball Throw
5. 20m Shuttle Run (Leger-Boucher)
Be a part of their quest for athletic glory